We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor (Temporary, until the end of June 2024). You will be working on-site full-time and reporting to the Maintenance Manager. There are about 10-15 people on the maintenance team.
What our client offers:
- $61k to $88k
- Benefits start on day one!
- Growth Opportunities
- Discount on food products
- Perkopolis savings
- RRSP Matching after one year
- High pace
- Free onsite parking
Your tasks as a Maintenance Supervisor:
- Direct maintenance activities at the Plant to ensure that disruption to production is minimized and maintenance expenditure is maintained within established cost parameters.
- Under the direction of the Plant Manager, determine maintenance priorities and monitor maintenance assignments to ensure quality workmanship and specification compliance. Interact with other plant departments to ensure proper functioning of all systems in the facility.
- Provide leadership to hourly maintenance personnel to ensure consistent quality of work, attainment of safety and productivity goals/standards. Direct all related personnel actions, including coaching, cross-training, assessing performance, safety, and grievance procedures.
- Ensure optimal levels of inventory to minimize downtime while decreasing inventory costs.
- Ensure implementation of the Prevention Maintenance Program with focus on preventing the plant from equipment breakdowns. This would include inspections; appropriate assignments of maintenance tasks / activities work. Ensure the Prevention Maintenance Program is applied to all equipment.
- Ensures a safe work environment for employees, customers, and visitors. This includes monitoring working practices and adherence to safety procedures.
- Accountable to source and supervise contractors for repairs and maintenance beyond scope of work force. Oversees work performed by contractors to ensure quality workmanship and specification compliance
- 3-5 years leadership/supervisory experience in a maintenance role or equivalent.
- Experience in a food processing environment preferred.
- Applicable Trade Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Hands on Individual with the proven ability to provide leadership and direction within the maintenance department (this includes ability to manage within the Collective Agreements or Terms and Conditions, Plant’s and HR policies and guidelines)
- Knowledge and /or experience in LEAN manufacturing an asset.
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to work OT
To apply please send your resume to Kirsten Green [email protected]
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you!
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 34347
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1