Create a stand out resume
A resume is your paper representation of who you are. It is always best to do this the way it best describes you. There is no right or wrong way, however, there are certain criteria you want to make sure is on there. Here are some useful tips to keep in mind when you are creating your resume. After all- this is the tool you can use to sell yourself!
- Your NAME and contact information, make sure this is correct so that companies can contact you!
- Your previous work experiences. This is important and must be accurate (dates, titles and companies). More often, employers will want references from your previous employers so make sure this is all information that corresponds to your experience is true. Also, match your LinkedIn profile with this too! People do cross-reference.
- Bullet points and headlines should be used in your resume to keep things concise and organized
- It always good to have a section where you have your skills listed
- Use metrics, targets, achievements; numbers go along way and often say much more than lots of words.
- Read over, proofread and then have someone close to you read over to avoid any spelling or grammar mistakes. You do not want to have errors on this- it can make you seem careless or display lack of attention to detail.