What is the difference between temporary/contract and permanent positions?
What suits me best?
Temporary work includes: contracts or part-time assignments
Temporary work allows you to ease your way back into the working lifestyle and provides you with different experiences due to the variety of contracts we have available. It is also a good way to try out new types of work; ideal for students who need to gain experience or someone wishing to try out a new field of work and gain experience within this field. If you are new to Canada or coming back from a leave of absence in your professional career, temporary assignments can be an excellent option for you!
- Working in a temp role allows you to try out different types of work and therefore test out what you like or dislike before engaging in a full-time and permanent role, such as the type of work, office environment, and overall culture.
- An excellent way to network yourself and gain the experience in a field you are wishing to launch your career in.
- You get to manage your own time. Most of the time temporary work has a flexible schedule.
- You might land yourself a full-time job! You can prove yourself to be a good worker by arriving on time and consistently working hard. The employer might request to take you on a full-time or a permanent position.
- You still get paid stat holidays if you are on an active assignment with an employer. When your contract ends, or the job is finished, your recruiter will always work hard to find another temp assignment!
Permanent work is a great thing when you know the kind of work that suits you and you see yourself working in for a long time. It is stable and works best for someone who has already had experience in the industry and wants to remain in it long term. Most of our clients hire us to find someone who has specific experience. When we recruit for these positions, we are sourcing on behalf our client, and the client chooses the candidate that they want to hire and from there, you are officially employed by the client!