We are looking for a Senior Municipal Engineer – Toronto
Your difference is the difference
Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes?
As an employee-owned company, fostering a culture where our people can thrive – a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join an award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
We are looking for an experienced municipal engineer who is interested in working on projects varying in scope and size related to water distribution systems, flood protection, stormwater management, and storm drainage systems; including planning and design of new facilities, as well as optimization and rehabilitation of existing systems.
- Providing project engineering and technical expertise, modeling, analysis and design services on multi-disciplinary projects
- Participating in studies, assessments, modeling, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimates, specifications, contract documents, tendering and contract administration
- Providing senior review and professional authentication of memos, reports, drawings and other engineering documents
- Reviewing specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Risk analysis and management
- Preparing proposals and reports
- Liaising with clients, consultants, regulatory agencies and utility companies and contractors
- Leading and participating in Business Development initiatives
- Planning projects, developing accurate scopes of work, cost estimates, project plans, schedules and deliverables to execute high quality projects on time and on budget
- Working closely with engineers, designers, drafting and support staff
- Mentoring and coaching project teams including technical and field staff
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 15 plus years progressive experience in municipal engineering with at least 10 years working in a consultancy
- P.Eng., or eligibility for registration in Ontario
- Project management (PMP) designation is an asset
- Hydraulic and Hydrologic modelling experience is an asset
- Possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients
- Experience or aptitude for meeting timelines and budgets, proposal writing, client development and other skills appropriate to consulting
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents
- Familiar with local design and construction standards and requirements for permits and approvals
- Excellent communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Extensive experience providing strategic advisory services related to municipal engineering projects and clients is required.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 34777
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1