Associate Vice President, Eastern Ontario
We are looking for an experienced professional to lead the practice in Eastern Ontario, in the role of an Associate Vice President. A successful candidate should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with Principals, Managers, and team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. In addition to the leadership abilities, a successful candidate should maintain existing and continue to build a network of clients and would lead and participate in business development initiatives planning, implementation and tracking, for the Ottawa and Eastern Ontario market opportunities.
Based out of the Ottawa office the successful candidate would be reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer and to the President/Chief Executive Officer.
- Build, manage and lead the Eastern Ontario practice, developing, tracking, and implementing an annual business plan and multi-year strategy for growth.
- Ensure that decisions such as staffing, projects delivery, and business development are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Lead and participate in Business Development initiatives and operational growth for Ottawa and Eastern Ontario.
- Liaise with existing and develop future clients in Ottawa and Eastern Ontario.
- Support major pursuits and proposals, and monitor budgets and schedules.
- Manage tasks, team, schedules, budgets, cost control processes and project work procedures. Identify and manage project issues and risks and, if needed, enhance resolution or actions; collaborate with other offices and managers across Canada.
- Support the project teams and oversee projects / project performance, assess risks and liabilities to minimize exposure.
- Prepare and/or review planning reports, design reports, technical specifications, and proposals.
- Provide input to the development of engineering budgets and schedules to meet requirements.
- Ensure projects meet the professional needs of the company and Quality standards and participate in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Supervise and mentor engineers, designers, and technologists.
- Actively grow the Ottawa office into a multidisciplinary entity, recognize and mentor leaders and implement succession planning.
- Liaise with client, suppliers, regulatory agencies, utility companies and contractors; represent the company in professional associations and agencies.
- Administrative duties as allocated including financial and staff management, staff development and mentoring.
- Other related duties as assigned/required and appropriate to this position.
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) within the province of Ontario.
- 20 years progressive industry experience in a similar role for Engineering Consulting firm.
- Strong organization leadership skills.
- Practical knowledge of construction sequencing and constructability.
- Experienced in the review of complex construction staging and sequencing, including temporary works and commissioning.
- Experienced in meeting timelines and budgets, proposal writing, client development and other skills appropriate to consulting.
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents.
- Demonstrates superior oral and written English communication skills.
- Possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Knowledge about the industry trends and best practices.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 34654
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1