We are looking for a Senior Transportation Engineer/Planner – Toronto or Halton
Your difference is the difference
Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes?
As an employee-owned company, fostering a culture where our people can thrive – a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join an award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
The Transportation Planning group is actively seeking an experienced engineer who is looking for a role that can provide the opportunity to expand their experience and responsibility combined with exposure to a wide variety of transportation engineering/planning projects.
The group supports infrastructure projects with comprehensive transportation planning; traffic operations; safety; modeling & functional design expertise.
As part of the transportation team, the individual will provide clients with traffic engineering and transportation planning services.
The individual will be involved in many aspects of transportation engineering including traffic safety, transportation planning and traffic engineering/modelling for Municipal, Provincial and Private Sector clients.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and leading projects and providing support in the completion of technical analysis, client and stakeholder liaison, project management, and proposal preparation for a variety of public and private sector clients.
- Preparing and contributing to transportation studies including multi-modal studies, transportation master plans, environmental assessments, traffic impact studies, TDM, active transportation and parking studies for various public and private sector clients
- Supporting business development efforts by identifying, capturing and qualifying opportunities
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships and communication with clients.
- Assisting with proposal and report preparation related to transportation planning, traffic engineering and environmental assessments.
- Coordinating and contributing to public and agency consultation activities, including Public Open Houses/Information Centres.
- Familiarity with use and capabilities of software packages including Synchro SimTraffic, Arcady, VISSIM, EMME and MS Office for analysis, evaluation and report preparations.
- Designing and managing field work such as site investigations, traffic data collection and existing transportation conditions.
- Contribute to work analysis and design including pavement markings, signage, traffic management and detour plans utilizing appropriate standards and analysis tools/techniques.
- Undertake business travel upon request.
- Assisting and mentoring technical staff with additional duties as assigned.
- A degree in Civil Engineering (with a transportation engineering focus).
- Qualified to practice in Ontario as a Professional Engineer, or eligible to be qualified within six months.
- 15 + years of professional experience, preferably in the consulting industry
- Experience in a range of transportation planning and preliminary design studies of multi-modal transportation infrastructure including highways, roadways, transit, and active transportation.
- Knowledge and application of principles of geometric design and traffic engineering (e.g., TAC, OTM etc.)
- Understanding of traffic demand forecasting and impact analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of Municipal Class EA process.
- The preferred candidate will have strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills along with the following qualifications and experience.
- Consulting industry experience and specific experience working with municipalities is a strong asset.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License – Class G and access to a personal vehicle for business purposes.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 34795
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1