We are looking for a Senior Transportation Engineer – Waterloo
Your difference is the difference
Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes?
As an employee-owned company, fostering a culture where our people can thrive – a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join an award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
We are looking for an experienced Design Lead to join the expanding team in the Toronto location. The successful candidate will collaborate with multidisciplinary design teams on water and wastewater projects.
- Responsible for design of process mechanical systems, including direct and take responsibility of the production of engineered drawings including review, approval and application of P.Eng. seal for equipment sizing and selection, for municipal water / wastewater infrastructure projects, including water and wastewater pumping stations, treatment plants and storage facilities.
- Manage and coordinate interdisciplinary design teams.
- Assist project managers with the project planning and delivery process.
- Manage and support process and process mechanical engineering activities, from preliminary design to construction phase with focus on adherence to design standards, industry specifications, risk management, permits and approvals, constructability, and technical feasibility.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, calculations, permitting and approvals applications, control narrative development, specifications, and facility manuals.
- Mentor and develop junior technical engineering staff.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality and prompt delivery of project outputs to satisfy the client’s requirements.
- Act as coordination liaison between the project teams and different internal stakeholders, ensuring good communication and collaboration.
- Contribute to a team environment that supports core values.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, chemical, environmental, or mechanical engineering.
- 7 plus years progressive experience in water and wastewater engineering with at least 5 years working in a consultancy.
- P.Eng., or eligibility for registration in Ontario.
- Possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients.
- Familiar with local design and construction standards and requirements for permits and approvals.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 34799
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1