We are currently looking for Building Science Project Managers for the Waterloo location. We require energetic self-starters who can work independently and are interested in diagnostic and/or investigative engineering related to buildings and structures.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
▪ Graduate of Civil or Structural Engineering, Applied Engineering, or Architectural Technology with 3 to 5 years of related project management experience.
▪ Excellent technical writing skills. Reporting is to be concise, follow company report formats, and be based on project specific evidence.
▪ Excellent organizational and time management skills to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
▪ Building science knowledge including a thorough understanding of air, rain-water, and vapour control.
▪ Knowledge of construction materials and products, material deterioration mechanisms, and repair and restoration methods with specific focus on building envelope assemblies, parking garages, balconies, and guards.
▪ Effective, responsive communication skills (verbal and written).
▪ Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and other design related software is considered an asset.
▪ Willingness to work at heights, including climbing ladders and accessing swing stages or lifts
▪ A valid driver’s license and insured vehicle to travel to the office and project sites within Ontario. Work related mileage is reimbursed.
▪ Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and have experience with the preparation of detailed reports
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
▪ Under the supervision of a Project Principal the successful candidate will serve the role of Project Consulting Engineer
▪ Managing and/or assisting with project investigation, reporting, specification and drawing preparation, tendering, project management, quality observation and liaison with clients, contractors and manufacturers, as needed
▪ Managing and/or assisting with field review/testing and data collection and preparation of performance audits, reserve fund studies, capital planning projects, technical/building audits or other investigative reports complete with observations, conclusions, recommendations and repair budgets
▪ Responsible for budget and schedule control, technical competence, documentation quality and physical appearance of construction work to the Client and Project Team
▪ Conduct onsite quality control and adherence to prepared specifications
▪ Peer review of reports, specification and/or drawings
▪ Maintain utilization targets and project costs and profit as determined by your Supervisor
▪ Participate in the knowledge sharing culture through meetings and other training opportunities
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 30085
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1