Our client is a leader in the Real Estate Development space. The Controller will ensure that day-to-day financial activities are completed accurately and efficiently while making continuous improvements to streamline processes and accounting controls. The person will collaborate with other departments and the operations team.
- Work collaboratively with executive team and operations across the organization
- Plan, direct, and coordinate operational accounting functions, surfacing recommendations for continuous improvements and implementation of new processes
- Partner with CFO to develop, maintain and improve all necessary accounting policies, standard work processes, systems and controls, including general ledger and financial reporting
- Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Manage financial resources, reporting requirements, budgeting targets
- Ensure the accurate completion of monthly and year-end reporting
- Partner with CFO to develop and monitor business performance metrics
- Partner with CFO and HR to hire, train, and retain finance/accounting team members as well as develop career path plans for team members
- Manage all aspects of accounting operations, oversee all transactions related to general ledger, AP/AR, financial reporting, project accounting
- Oversee regulatory reporting and compliance
- Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure accounting systems deliver on draw payments
- Other duties as required.
- Ideally experience in a finance function within real estate development and/or private equity real estate
- Bachelor degree in finance/accounting/business administration or closely related
- CA designation is a must
- Experience building and/or managing a high performing finance team, with proven examples of developing/promoting team members
- Proven experience building out accounting controls/processes
- Progressive mindset with respect to using technology to manage finance; experience preferably with Sage, Procore, Timberscan, Argus Developer, Salesforce
- Solid technical accounting skills, advanced Excel
What we love:
- Focused on Customers: understands we exist to deliver value to both our internal and external customers and look for ways to exceed expectations
- Integrity and Respect: do what you say you will; your word is your bond. Shows a humble respect for all.
- Willingness to question entrenched mindset; to debate to find the best solution and be comfortable maneuvering outside your range of experience.
- Confident communicator.
- Earns and Builds trust with all stakeholders, customers and team members
- Focused on Delivering Results
- Strategic mindset, can recognize opportunities and investigate accordingly.
- Highly motivated, independent, driven, goal-oriented but not at the expense of collaboration and creating a team that enjoys working together to achieve results.
- Resilient and tenacious, can take the highs and the lows, bounce back and move on.
- Insists on Excellence – A leader who is uncomfortable with status quo
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 21723
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1