Fuze HR is now seeking a talented Automation Specialist for an exciting, full-time opportunity with our client based in Langley, BC. The Automation Specialist will perform a mix of shop and service (field) work, and will travel around the globe for installation, commissioning, and maintenance of electrical/automated elements of processing machinery on customer sites for approximately 25% of the year. If you are an experienced automation technician or technologist with strong knowledge of industrial equipment and, ideally, some field experience, we want to meet you!
What are the perks:
- Exciting work – you’ll work at home base in Langley for about 75% of the year, and travel to customer sites (domestic and international) for the remainder!
- Awesome employer boasting excellent corporate culture, a supportive work environment, and plenty of opportunities for professional development and ongoing growth!
- Competitive salary, travel compensation, great benefits, and more!
The Automation Specialist will be responsible for:
- Performing installation, set up, and commissioning of electrical and automation aspects of processing equipment on customer sites around the world, programming, editing, and integrating as required
- Delivering a high standard of service, representing the company professionally, and maintaining strong relationship with customers while in the field
- Wiring and testing machines in the shop, writing and troubleshooting machine programs (PLC, HMI, VFD, etc)
- Checking/reviewing electrical, control, and instrumentation systems including P&ID drawings, loops, control equipment, connection diagrams, and more.
- Working with the technical writers to write or improve the manuals for the programs
- Designing, configuring and programming PLC/HMI applications
- Preparing and evaluating tender and construction packages, including electrical and instrumentation drawings, installation specifications, etc, ensuring ongoing communication with customer to assess changes and adjust project/estimate parameters accordingly
- Other duties as required; this is a dynamic role requiring flexibility in terms of day-to-day job description
The required qualifications for the Automation Specialist are:
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma within a relevant discipline; automation technology, automation engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics, or similar, along with at least 3 years’ relevant experience performing installation, commissioning, and maintenance of automated industrial machinery and control systems
- Strong PLC programming and troubleshooting experience (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi)
- Must possess a valid Canadian passport and be willing and able to travel to both domestic and international locations for about 25%
- Experience wiring, testing and commissioning equipment for fully assembled machines, parts orders, and new devices
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to represent the client professionally in the field and be committed to delivery a high standard of service
- Previous field experience desirable
Are you a talented Automation Technician looking for an awesome long-term opportunity with a company that will invest in your growth and development? Do you love travelling and visiting customer sites to show off your technical abilities and provide great service? Apply today, we can wait to introduce you to your next employer!
To apply please send your resume to Chris Hutton at [email protected]
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you!
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 33373
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1