Our client is a family-owned food manufacturer specializing in organic and natural foods. You will be working in a new and large facility in Burnaby with about 100 employees. The company was founded in 2009 and is currently experiencing high growth. We are currently seeking an Operations Manager who will be reporting to the President and VP. This is a full-time opportunity, morning shift (7 AM or 8 AM start).
Reporting to the Vice President and President, the scope of this position involves overseeing and directing the processing, manufacturing, packaging, warehousing, and distribution of raw and finished products. This position is also responsible for directing overall plant efficiencies in a cost
• Oversee daily operations with regards to efficiencies, production volumes and KPls
• Manage the performance and development of plant leadership team.
• Provide guidance to production supervisors regarding workload of staff, performance management, hiring and terminations and employee disciplinary matters
• Report production volumes, efficiencies and yields to senior executives
• Prepare proposals and justifications for capital and operational budget
• Maintain and improve health & safety and environmental standards in the workplace
• Lead meetings and projects to optimize production operations
• Liaise with various external customers such as CFIA and local municipality officials
• Ensure plant compliance to government regulations and company specifications for Heathy & Safety, HACCP, and Sanitation through supportive collaboration with appropriate personnel
• Drive significant cost reductions across all aspects of manufacturing including increased line efficiency, waste control and higher labour productivity
• Drive cost savings goals through the use of sustainable continuous improvement tools such as 5S and Kaizen, focusing on total plant OEE percentage
• Recommend and implement continuous improvement initiatives that boost morale, improve customer satisfaction, and maximize cost efficiency.
• 5+ years of experience as an Operations Manager or Plant Manager in food manufacturing
• Responsible for 24/7 operation and varying amounts of overtime are required
• Proven leadership abilities in safety, quality and productivity
• Black Belt Certification or Lean Implementation Certification is an asset.
• Must be available during off hours for consulting and intervening during emergencies
• Extensive knowledge in GMPs, HACCP and health and safety standards
• Strong proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and WMS/ERP
• Some mechanical background will be an asset
• $110 to $130k salary
• 3 weeks of vacation
• Bonus plan
• Benefits after 3 months
• High growth opportunities
• New facility with new equipment
• Face pace and dynamic culture
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 31256
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1