Our client is a manufacturing plant located in Richmond, BC. We are looking for Red Seal Millwrights, working full time on rotational shifts:
– Day shift 7AM to 3PM (4-6 weeks)
– Afternoon 3PM to 11PM (2 weeks)
– Graveyard 11PM to 7AM (2 weeks)
This is a full-time position with amazing benefits such as 10% pension!!
What our client offers:
• $40-45.26 per hour
• Afternoon and graveyard differentials
• A comprehensive health care plan including drug cards, vision care, life insurance, and dental coverage
• An exceptional retirement plan
• 10% Pension Plan
• Up to 7 weeks of vacation, pending years of service
• 14 stat holidays per year! (Christmas Eve, boxing days and Easter Monday) Employee Assistance coverage with full services, including dietary and nutritional services, retirement planning, and support services.
• Annual events holiday, safety and employee recognition events
• Free onsite parking
• Opportunities for OT
Your tasks as a Millwright:
• Ensures that all company safety practices and procedures are adhered to by all production, shipping/receiving and maintenance staff and leads by example; to include participating in health & safety meetings, continual improvement of health & safety procedures, and all company safety objectives are met or exceeded
• Plan and organize production and shipping/receiving schedules in conjunction with the CAD Department, to include lead & delivery schedules
• Assess project and resources requirements; manage all shop inventory
• Implement and enforce all company quality control standards; to include supporting and participating in resolving quality issues to ensure that the products conform to the client’s requirements and specifications, ensuring that production employees respect and conform to the environmental standards and procedures set forth, and ensuring that the production employees respect and work in accordance to the procedures of the ISO 9001 quality system
• Oversee all production processes, ensure continuous improvement and most cost effective methods
• Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination between relevant departments including procurement, distribution, supply chain, sales (inside & outside) and management
• Ensure that the standard operating procedures are followed, and assist with the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
• Cross-train employees for maximum production flexibility
• Prepare and maintain production reports as required (i.e., weekly, monthly)
• Perform and participate in the recruitment and hiring processes for production staff, review worker performance, organize necessary interventions for improvement, and identify training needs
•develop business, sales and marketing plans; ability to introduce new products and services, to include managing those processes
• Red Seal Millwright certification.
• 4th Class Power/Steam Engineer Certification (asset)
• Prior forklift and scissor lift experience is a plus.
• Having mechanical knowledge and welding skills would be advantageous.
• 5 years and more Industrial Maintenance experience is required; experience related to paper industry equipment and especially corrugated box or other converting operations is preferred.
Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch. We look forward to working with you!
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 34766
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1