The role of a Project Principal is to the firm’s representative for each client on a project. They are responsible for:
Ensuring project actions are developed and implemented to address the client’s expectations;
Broadening our market reputation and enhancing our image;
Mitigating liability by ensuring decisions on each project consistently comply with the company’s policies and procedures;
Delivering the best knowledge to each project and draw upon the subject matter expertise of other members of the firm as required to meet project objectives.
- Provide services within the range of knowledge and experience of the project team.
- Clarify client expectations for each project and define project milestones along with the Project Manager.
- Assign the necessary resources, standard of service, contractual obligations and quality assurance. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring the designation of a qualified subject matter expert, and determining communication hierarchy and signing authority.
- Define the project goals, resources and team structure, and communicate to the project team.
- Ensure fair compensation for services provided and associated billings are issued in a timely manner.
- Review and approve proposals and project deliverables.
- Prepare plans and assign responsibilities when projects require negotiation or dispute resolution.
PROCESS & PRACTISE
- Share knowledge with team members that can apply it to their projects.
- Maintain resources to support sharing of knowledge.
- Implement procedures to improve service and communications.
- Train the Project Managers on financial metrics (WIP, utilization, backlog, etc.).
- Obtain feedback from clients and determine client satisfaction level.
- Communicate feedback to team members and set actions to address shortfalls.
- Identify future needs that the client has for our services.
- Represent company depth (knowledge and services) to clients.
- Business revenue, spectrum of clients, profitability of work.
- Timely recognition and billing of work-in-progress (WIP), and collection of fees.
- Team engagement – meeting schedules, deadlines and budgets.
- The firm’s image and brand recognition.
- Develop new business, forge new client relationships and recruiting.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 33040
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1