As an employee-owned company, fostering a culture where people can thrive, a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join the award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
The Halifax office is looking for a full-time Senior Municipal Engineer / Project Manager to join their team. This role has the strong possibility of leading to a further leadership role, both at the provincial and regional level
- Working in conjunction with the Vice-President, Halifax, continue to develop business and operational growth in Halifax, New Brunswick and the Atlantic regions.
- Company wide promotion across Eastern Canada; Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Administrative duties as allocated including financial and staff management, staff development and mentoring, as applicable.
- Marketing and proposals.
- Report preparation and review.
- Conceptual design and quality assurance reviews for road reconstruction and infrastructure renewal projects, stormwater projects, culverts, watermains, sanitary and storm sewers and grading.
- Working with Civil Engineers and other project team members as part of an integrated project team.
- Functioning as a Senior Project Manager on municipal and infrastructure renewal projects, providing project engineering and technical expertise, analysis and quality assurance design leadership on multi-disciplinary projects
- Managing of Municipal Engineering projects including scope, schedule, and budget as well as managing client relationships
- Preparation and coordination of approvals, tender documents, cost estimating, contract documents, reports including sealing the documents.
- Preparation and editing of AutoCAD and Civil 3D design drawings as required.
- Engineering and contract administration related to municipal projects including site development, roads, watermains, sanitary and storm sewer systems.
- Other duties as required where appropriate for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Licensed P. Eng. with 15 plus years progressive experience in municipal engineering with at least 10 years working in a consultancy.
- Project management (PMP) designation is an asset.
- The successful candidate will possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and all levels of staff in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience or aptitude for meeting timelines and budgets, proposal writing, client development and other skills appropriate to consulting.
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents.
- Demonstrated superior English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Your better starts here
Offering great benefits is entirely possible: the numbers work out. Happy teams mean happy clients. It’s just that simple. From recruitment to flexibility, learning to leadership, wellness to inclusion, giving people the tools they need to outperform in their careers and build lasting connections with clients, culture, and each other.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 33176
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1