Our client is a reputable steel manufacturing and maintenance company located in Grand Prairie, Alberta. Due to high growth and a new steel install project, we are looking for a Project Manager (Steel Installation/Demolition for an industrial site). The first project is located in High Prairie, and you may work at other job sites in Grand Prairie, Burns Lake and Fort McMurray. This is a permanent position with great perks! You will be working 21 days with 7 days off.
You will be reporting to the President with about 30 direct reports. This company currently has about 80 employees mostly in Grand Prairie.
The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful completion of assigned contracts. You will work closely with your team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. This Project Manager will need to prove their knowledge of the steel fabrication industry.
• $180k to $200k salary
• Bonus based on performance on the project.
• Reimbursement for accommodation
• Paid- Travel in/out
• 9% holidays
• OT pay available.
• Company car OR vehicle allowance of $125 per month
• Benefits after 3 months
• Preference will be given to local candidates
• High-growth company
• Company Benefits, i.e., dental, medical, and eye care after passing the probationary 3-month term
Your tasks as a Project Manager
• Responsible for meeting the project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
• Responsible for defining the project scope, schedule, cost, resources, quality, and
• submitting project deliverables, preparing status reports, and establishing effective project communication plans as well as the proper execution of these plans and continuous follow-up. deliverables in collaboration with customers and management.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Overseeing 30 employees on the project
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear way.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and clients.
• Customer relationship management and satisfaction.
• Identify and resolve issues/conflicts within the project team.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Oversee fabrication shop schedule and deadlines to ensure that projects are completed on time.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Monitor product quality throughout the fabrication process to ensure that it meets company standards.
• Work with QC to create and manage product inspection systems as part of the quality performance assurance program.
• application of safety policies, procedures, and practices.
Qualifications of Project Manager- Steel:
• 4 + years of experience as a Project Manager within the steel industry
• 4+ years of steel fabrication/install knowledge.
• Knowledge of structural design and planning principles and procedures.
• Ability to supervise and direct large teams – employees + subtrade
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Project Management an asset.
• Class 5 driver’s license
• Strong MS Office skills
• Strong leadership with great communication skills
• Ability to work out of town and on 21 straight shifts with 7 days off
• Ability to pass a drug test/criminal background check
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Our client is interviewing now, and this position will not be available for long. If you’re interested, please apply now. We are looking forward to hearing from you
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 32685
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1