We have an immediate opening for a Welder-Fitter for our growing Woodbridge facility.
Temporary to Permanent
- Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable materials by applying appropriate welding techniques.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process.
- Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- Load, unload, lift, and move materials and product utilizing lifting equipment when required.
- Actively participate in safety training and demonstrate competency by effectively resolving safety issues or bringing them to the attention of management.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Ensure compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Formal training and certification accompanied with 1-5 years of related experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Requires knowledge and experience with FCAW and MIG welding processes.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Knowledge and experience of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within field.
- Certification and experience with overhead crane and forklift.
Ability to meet deadlines; to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures. Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with supervisors, members of management, vendors, and other employees.
Day shift: Monday to Friday
Pay rate: $18.00 to $ 22 depending on experience.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For immediate consideration please contact Ann at 905 361-3987 ext 110