FULL TIME OPPORTUNITY
Must have experience in the Construction and Building Material industry.
We are currently hiring for a Warehouse Supervisor for our client in Vaughan to assist in creating a more productive, cost-effective and profitable environment.
Salary: Base on experience
Shift: Afternoon – 2pm to 11pm and every 2nd Saturday of the month from 6am to 3pm
Benefits: Yes, upon hire
Start Date: ASAP
n Oversee staff of 30-40 Warehouse employees
n Planning, prioritizing, and managing of daily operations
n Establishing and enforcing KPIs and SOPs resulting to maximizing productivity across various departments in the warehouse.
n Managing inventory accuracy through collaboration with warehouse employee to identify gaps in processes
n Balanced labor usage against order volume which maximized productivity returns and minimized overtime
n Managed profitable relationship between client accounts in collaboration with the operational teams
n Maintain a positive work environment through rewards programs and employee development initiatives
n Maintain goals related to service levels, cost, efficiency, Health & Safety and customer satisfaction
n Review and evaluate team performance, addressed performance gaps and take corrective action
n Plan and arrange for adequate staffing levels.
n Train, coach and mentor staff in safe and productive equipment handling
n Increased health and safety awareness and metrics by implementing policies, programs, and recognition
n Promote a culture of continuous improvement; implement solutions which will lead to improved efficiency
n Defuse challenging situations, acknowledging concerns, determining the root problem, identifying options, and collaborating with vendors and customers to ensure they feel engaged and empowered in the resolution process
- Ability to work independently and on a compressed time schedule.
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills required.
- Advance knowledge with MS Office Software including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word.
- Must have experience working and knowledge of various aspects of warehousing, distribution, and Inventory control.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in warehousing and distribution in the Construction and Building material industry. Preferably hands on experience working in warehouse operations.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- WHMIS and First Aid Certification is an asset
- Training and certification handling dangerous goods
- Must be certified in 3 of the 4 Forklift – Raymond Reach, Counterbalance, Walkie and Cherry Picker