Our client is currently looking for an Operations Supervisor to join their Surrey, BC team. The Supervisor provides “hands-on” proactive management of the employees and Owner Operators engaged in the daily handling of packages and freight within prescribed policies and time frames. This Supervisor role currently manages Owner Operator, hourly warehouse/customer service staff as well as third party pick-up & delivery routes on a daily basis.
Warehouse Operations Supervisor
Prince George, Permenant Position
- Establishes/implements productivity, quality, and cost measurements & strategies to achieve desired operational results.
- Ensures timely and accurate distribution of inbound and/or outgoing freight daily, following established standards and procedures.
- Ensures sufficient staff resources, materials, and supplies on hand at all times.
- Ensures the warehouse is organized and set up for the next shift.
- Maintains equipment in a safe and efficient operating condition at all times.
- Establishes/maintains a proactive safety program in compliance with legislative requirements and the collective agreement.
- Investigates employee concerns, prepares written replies, and liaisons with the Manager, Employee Relations & Area Manager for final responses.
- Identifies/tracks/adjusts operations to meet delivery and pick-up standards by auditing & measuring productivity (KPI).
- Addresses customer complaints professionally and expediently.
- Ensure daily targets for productivity and service levels are met.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures among staff.
- Works towards improving/reducing operational costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Warehouse and/or delivery operations experience in the courier or related industry.
- Working experience with scheduling and meeting deadlines, as well as problem-solving.
- Proven ability to work through employees, training, and process/policy to attain goals.
- Ability to thrive and work effectively in a fast-paced and sometimes hectic work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven communication skills – written & oral.
- PC skills (Basic Word processing & spreadsheet).
- Demonstrated drive, initiative & flexibility to ensure task completion.
- Ability to manage multiple activities, deadlines, and reports.
- Flexible hours may be required.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 32510
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1