Our client, a leader in the distribution of raw material for multiples industries, is looking for a warehouse manager that will be responsible for the overall activity of the warehouse: receiving, transportation (private fleet and 3rd party carriers), safety and risk management, quality and a lot more.
- Supports, manages and analyzes warehouse and delivery functions to continuously improve all levels of efficiency, customer satisfaction and safety.
- Monitors the receipt, coordination and safety of goods coming through the warehouse using the Warehouse Management System.
- Monitors and evaluates expectations and performance of warehouse and delivery staff through coaching and development opportunities.
- Communicates and ensures all requirements pertaining to warehousing, material handling, safety and shipping are followed by staff.
- Producing results- Meets and exceeds established goals and objectives
- Coach, mentor and supervise employees to increase moral and efficiency
- Performance management – Ability to develop and improve individual, team and organizational performance
- Warehouse Management – Knowledge of issues and considerations for effectively managing one or more warehouses or distribution centers.
- Transportation – Knowledge of all major means of transporting materials and goods to and from the customers and suppliers and associated safety documentation requirements.
- Warehouse Safety – Knowledge of methods, accepted practices and regulatory requirements associated with safety and protection of workers, environment and worksite. (Dangerous goods)
- Effective Communication & Teamwork – Ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient with MS Office, including Word and Excel; reports within and ERP. Must also be proficient with WMS,
- Education: Required: High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent. Preferred: Associates Degree
- Experience: Proven team development skill Requiring a minimum of 5 years management/supervisory experience in a warehouse environment consisting of Order picking, shipping, receiving, inventory cycle counts, pick/pack/ship; in-depth knowledge and understanding of FIFO, OSHA requirements, safety awareness and hazardous material shipping. Management experience within a Quality System such as ISO 9001 or similar is desirable, and forklift certification strongly preferred.
- Physical Demands: Light to moderate physical activity, requires normal hearing and vision.
Apply directly or send your CV to email@example.com