Our client in the transportation/logistics industry is looking for someone who can maintain one of their warehouses, located in Caledon.
- Fix any facilities or equipment failures or issues as per the direction of the Facility Compliance Manager.
- Repair dry wall and any other damages
- Maintain assembly machines to ensure they are in proper working order.
- Reconfiguration of workspaces.
- Source out parts as required. Negotiate prices with vendors. Passes on information to Facility Compliance Manager for selection.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area following waste management guidelines.
- Assist in special projects as required.
- Follow corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Pick up and deliver products between facilities.
- Open up and close the facilities as required
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- High school diploma.
- Valid driver’s G license.
- WHMIS training.
- Experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance is an asset.
- Suspended stage or elevated license is an asset.
- Experience driving a straight truck is an asset.
- Forklift license is an asset.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written form.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Team cooperation and respect is required.
- Work well under pressure in a time sensitive environment.
- Physically fit to handle (lift, move, and stock) work pieces of various sizes up to 50lbs.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Comfortable working at heights.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Warehouse environment subject to heat and cold.