Top employer, excellent benefits, pension plan, training and other perks offered
Mon-Fri 8-5 pm, 7:30-4:30 pm, 7am-4pm
Our client is a Top Canadian employer with distribution centers across Canada, a long-standing reputation and a lot of growth opportunities for all.
Currently they are seeking a warehouse associate to join on a full-time and permanent basis. This role requires someone with a passion for their work, the ability to be versatile and interact with customers as from time to time, take on various warehouse related tasks such as receiving, shipping, unloading, packaging and inventory duties.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the responsibilities of the Warehouse Associate will include:
– Coordinating and processing outgoing product
– Preparing and loading material in a timely manner so as to meet delivery deadlines and customer commitments
– Preparing pertinent documentation for shipment of goods
– Liaising with freight companies and inside/outside customers to determine shipping priorities
– Receiving all incoming shipments and authorizing for correctness of the product received
– Distributing product to correct area in the Warehouse in a timely manner
– Ensuring good housekeeping and safety procedures are maintained in shipping area
– Picking orders as required
– Basic computer skills. Knowledge of the AS400 system or High Jump a Warehouse Management System would be an asset
– Knowledge of industry products is an asset
– Dependable and reliable. Ability to take ownership and initiative.
– Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills
– High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
– Requires a self-motivated team player capable of managing multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
– Forklift certified or ability to be certified would be an asset but not a requirement
– WHMIS and TDG certification would be an asset
– Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50lbs) pounds