Do you understand the principles of brand strategy? If so, this may be the ideal opportunity for you! We are currently looking for a Head of Software Development in Montreal, Quebec for our client located in Ville Saint-Laurent. Our client is a leading provider in world-leading clean technology to improve power quality, energy efficiency, operational and environmental performance. As the Head of Software Development, you will lead a team of software developers, architects and technical product managers who will develop a world-class cloud-based software platform, and all customer and partner facing applications.
The Head of Software Development will get deeply involved with the underlying processes and software platform which delivers this Brand Experience. The technologies we will adopt are the AWS stack, combined with best-in-class web and mobile app technologies, and rapidly thereafter, Machine Learning technologies which will create significant value in understanding customer site data, and enable the enhanced services we will deliver through this deep learning.
- Lead the development of all customer facing applications
- Develop a software platform which enhances and enables the Company’s desired Brand experience and promise
- Partner with all business functions, from sales to product management and other support functions to ensure that efficient business processes are defined and then built into the software platform
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Experience as Head of a Software Development team or similar leadership role
- Proven ability to involve and motivate people and teams, and business partners towards the achievement of core objectives, and proven success in ability to monitor individual and team performance and to address performance issues on a team and individual basis
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
Don’t miss this opportunity, apply now!
Apply directly or send your resume to [email protected]