Underwriting Specialist – 1 yr Contract with Benefits
Spécialiste de la Souscription – Contrat 1 an + avantages
TOP ecommerce, company worldwide
TOP Montreal employer year after year, on Glassdoor and more
TOP Montreal Tech company with offices world-wide, 3000 employees
Several perks provided
Located near metro, enter from the underground!
Seeking dedicated and career oriented underwriting specialist
Open to junior candidates that are looking to join an EXCELLENT team
45K 1-year contract, benefits offered
Our client is a striving tech company world-wide, top employer in Montreal and is specialized in ecommerce technology solutions. Currently they are seeking a junior but motivated underwriting professional to join their international team on a 1-year contract that will be extremely fulfilling.
Our client makes payment transactions possible for businesses and individuals worldwide with a vast financial solution model from ecommerce, in-store and personal solutions that are taking the payment industry by storm!
The underwriter will work as an important team player on the Risk Management team.
- Analysis of business public record database inquiries, collateral collection and the development, documentation, and execution of standardized policy to ensure best business practices.
- Co-development and adherence to best practices for Anti-Money Laundering and “Know Your Customer” policies.
- Following established policies, evaluate the risk potential of merchants by fully understanding the merchants’ financial resources, source(s) of income, credit file, and expense liabilities, track all activity and produce summary reports on your progress.
- Liaise with our merchants and internal departments and present case work to key management related to specific merchants.
- Ensure compliance with governmental, bank, credit card and other payment companies or associations’ rules.
- Be responsible for setting merchant risk parameters per merchants’ historical volume and activity.
- Research unusual situations and activity by internal means such as: chargeback review, authorization review, and reviewing application information.
Qualifications for this role:
- University degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Social Sciences or in an equivalent field of study.
- 1+ years of relevant experience in underwriting, specifically in payment processing, e-commerce or banking environment.
- Must possess strong organizational, analytical and communication skills as well as great problem solving and time management abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently or in a team.
- Self-motivated, diligent, resourceful, and able to learn internal systems quickly.
- Highly proficiency in MS Office, especially in Excel including prior experience working with advanced formulas and tools used for more complex analysis.
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Collaborate and foster teamwork
- Focus on results
- Take initiatives
- Detail oriented
please contact Kateryna: [email protected]