Do you dream about fashion? Our client, very reputable in the high fashion industry, is looking for a Trim Buyer to join their team.
- Research, development and presentation to designers of new concepts in trim materials
- Being cross functional with all departments internally and to manage communication with suppliers
- Accountable for maintaining all data, pricing and testing of trims
- Adhere to and manage and ensure timely delivery
- Responsible for monitoring spend, keeping in-line with the budget and tracking excess trim value and stock quantities
- Sourcing: Assist the sourcing team in the execution of supply chain strategy and coordination of the department.
- Manage import and export activities, including shipping documents preparation, scheduling forwarders and contacting customs brokerages.
- Negotiate best prices against list price/ last year price
- Negotiate discounts/ claims where necessary
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Strong written and verbal communication; English essential, plus Chinese an advantage.
- Proficient with ERP systems
- Knowledge of production techniques, commercial pricing and testing standards.
- Knowledge of current market, trends and competitors’ products
- Highly organized with the ability to priorities and problem solve
- Ability to handle a fast pace, high level of pressure and meet deadlines essential.
- Collaborative and flexible approach with the ability to communicate with all levels of the business