Job Title: Technical Sales Support Representative (DEV)
Reports to: Reginal Sales Leader, Canada
Position Location: Montreal QC
Job Class: Professional
Primarily responsible for making product recommendations and providing applications support to scientists, engineers, researchers, and technicians, from our portfolio of scientific and industrial instruments and equipment. Our customers will primarily contact you by phone and email for support. You should expect to spend majority of most days working in these channels with our customers, suppliers and colleagues in a fast-paced technical contact/call-center environment.
You will use your strong scientific background to understand our customers’ applications and requirements enabling you to recommend, quote, sell and support the best products and services for their application – sometimes for equipment and projects up to $100,000! In addition to your new product recommendations, you will also be supporting our customers with existing equipment through troubleshooting, documentation, returns and other requests as needed.
In addition to the primary responsibilities above, you will work across multiple departments to provide feedback about our products, document and resolve customer issues and complaints, identify product discrepancies and recommend solutions to internal issues and processes.
Our department and company thrive on continuous improvement and knowledge growth. You will be proactively sharing and documenting new technical knowledge with the department helping to improve our collective efficiency and support to our customers.
- Provides top-notch technical support to internal and external customers via telephone, email, web chat and fax channels. Focuses on meeting customers’ needs and timelines and increasing sales revenue. Works to understand the customer’s application and product needs, including the type of research being conducted, if appropriate to be able to recommend the best solutions. Utilizes Level II and III coworkers as resources. May begin training on dealing with international dealers and end-users.
- Coordinates return process for all products. Makes returns/or replacement decisions for failed products. Facilitates repairs to avoid returns and provides repair part support to domestic customers.
- Supports Sales by providing leads and referring customers requiring follow-up to generate new business.
- Recommends appropriate products based on customers’ need and the product’s function; quotes pricing on costly systems and equipment (valuing over $100,000 at times) without prior approval, committing the organization to product performance in a specific application.
- Resolves customer complaints about the company and/or products – resolutions include sending free shipments, discounting, issuing credits and replacing items to satisfy customer’s requirements often without management approval. Utilizes a variety of means to answer customers’ questions, including reading manuals and reviewing diagrams, talking with vendors and consulting with co-workers.
- Maintains and shares knowledge of all applicable product lines associated with Client, such as Oakton, Davis, InnoCal, Digi-Sense and Masterflex. Stays current through internal and external training as necessary.
- Provides feedback on product design to manufacturing divisions as well as more distinguished vendors.
- Works with product managers to learn about new products.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience to improve the operations, efficiency and proficiency of other departments including Customer Service, Sales, Leads, Quotes, Marketing, E-Business and Quality Control.
- Performs sales support activities such as entering orders, providing quotes and pricing, expediting orders and arranging returns as needed.
- Performs national security requirements as part of daily interaction with customers. Performs end-user screening by asking for end user information. Verifies end use of product along with asking for ultimate destination for orders, and asks customers for specific products being purchased or returned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- We are looking for a candidate with strong scientific and technical skills as well as an excellent verbal and written communicator. They should thrive in a high-paced environment and be able to learn new concepts quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning institution in science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or a highly related scientific/engineering major) or a combination of education and experience is required.
- Demonstrated aptitude and ability to gain knowledge and mastery of laboratory, fluid handling, electrochemistry and industrial equipment.
- Possesses strong analytical, problem-solving and skills to provide effective solutions based on customers’ needs and to read and understand technical manuals and diagrams.
- Must be able to effectively manage time, balance and prioritize objectives, meet deadlines and follow-through on commitments.
- Ability to up-sell customers on items and features to provide a complete solution; must do so with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer. Computer aptitude skills are required. Experience with an AS400 or ASSIST system preferred.
- Must possess excellent Bilingual (English and French) interpersonal and communication skills (both verbally and written) to be able to conduct professional and courteous communications with internal and external customers, express ideas clearly, and work as part of a team.
Send your resume to [email protected] or call for more information at 514-227-4640 ext.274