Our client, a prestigious American company is looking to hire a Technical Sales Representative for outside sales position in the province of Quebec. The employee will act as a liaison between the customer and the company.
This Technical Sales Representative is responsible for providing sales and technical support for a variety of application areas, primarily related to treated films and polymerized resin products. The position provides technical applications expertise and support to enhance customer satisfaction, strengthen barriers to entry at current accounts and improve profitability.
- Enhance customer satisfaction and strengthen barriers to entry by providing industry leading technical application support such as conducting mill audits, troubleshoot process or product quality issues and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Provide regular technical applications support to assigned customers.
- Develop strategies to improve value for customers, leveraging application and chemistry knowledge.
- Develop understanding of customer’s application, process and end use of products; supporting adjustments to improve efficiencies.
- Support customer training in the areas of resin performance capabilities, impregnation, application, process analysis and product quality.
- Participate in laboratory applications projects to support customer initiatives.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all customer related issues, whether customer service, technical or quality.
- Promote customer delight-orders received on time, in specifications, complete and correct-by reporting any deviations and following up satisfactorily. Ensure proper internal reporting, monitor for effective resolution and approve corrective action plans.
- Provide accurate weekly and monthly volume forecast.
- Inform Technical Sales Director and production staff of volume exceptions to the forecast, e.g. curtailments, increases/decreases in run time, etc.
- Understand the Company, its segment strategies, and the impact of each customer’s product mix on raw materials and plant conversion costs.
- With Technical Sales Director, develop strategies to improve customer profitability.
- Use value selling principles to capture value from product and process improvement initiatives.
- Understand and execute business practice procedures with minimal direction.
- Gain a working knowledge of all application accounts and areas within the region.
- Actively participate in all internal meetings and industry associations as assigned.
- Must be bilingual French and English; written and spoken
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Wood Science, Chemistry, Business or related discipline required.