Title: Technical Sales Business Manager
Under the direction of the Director of Sales & Marketing, the position performs a variety of technical sales, understanding technical challenges and providing solutions, prospecting and consulting with new customers and industries, and partnering with marketing to enhance and market GeoComposites product line.
- Completion of College Diploma/University Degree in engineering, construction management and/or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical/construction sales capacity with related field experience in electrical substations and utilities.
- Strong hand on technical ability, to understand AutoCAD drawings and proposals.
- Proficient in utilizing various sales techniques.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM software
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills in order to resolve conflicts and problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when speaking with customers.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to maintain and manage quality standards.
- Ability to implement systems and report adherence to management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent data.
- Flexibility to travel extensively both locally and internationally, up to 50%, as required.
- Must have a valid Ontario Drivers’ license to operate company vehicle.
- Responsibility for the GeoComposites Inside Sales function, product information and information disbursement for departments
- Determines how to market new products and how to sell new products and services
- Maintaining strong professional relationships with existing clients and meeting with new clients to expand sales territories.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers and planning and organizing sales call schedules.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Create and deliver powerful presentations and demos that clearly communicate the uniqueness of the value proposition to help clients discover and understand products/services.
- Simplifying technical terms during product presentations, demonstrations, and post-sales customer support.
- Travel as required to client locations to present product line, understand technical challenges and recommend applicable solutions.
- Learning and memorizing technical product specifications and keeping up-to-date with new company products as well as industry trends. Update orders, provide input in contractual agreements for products and services, and negotiate the best contract terms and conditions.
- Promote products and services by attending tradeshows, completing lunch and learns, virtual meetings, webinars and prospecting for new customers.
- Attend conferences, lectures, seminars, and workshops to improve your skills and knowledge.
- Prepare and submit tenders, proposals and quotations to customers, while providing technical expertise to turn the quote into a sale.
- Manage all technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses and prepare proposals by studying all related customer documents and consulting with Director of Engineering and Civil team to ensure the work can be scheduled and delivered accordingly.
- Consult with customers, listen to their needs and provide technical expertise and recommendations based on the required applications, on the best product to buy.
- Meet and exceed sales targets, as established by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Conduct market research, collect and document competitive intelligence and obtain feedback from clients to improve existing products
- Collaborates with inside sales and marketing to develop new sales areas, while maintaining and growing existing customer base.
- Reviews customer contracts in collaboration with the Director and Corporate Contract Specialist to ensure alignment between service agreements and quotations.
- Participates in non-conformance issues, with the Director of Engineering and Quality Manager.
- Maintains complete knowledge of and complies with company and department policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with team members and management in a team environment.
- Supporting other members of the sales team by training them in the uses of products/services.
- Writing reports and liaising with the engineering team regarding issues, foreseeable problems, and effective solutions.
- Effectively communicate client needs to the R&D teams for future product enhancements
Contract Info / Information sur le contrat
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 31162
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1