Android Technical Lead is a senior role that works directly with our client’s Android Agile team to design, architect, and implement features for millions of users. This is a lead role, where your contributions will be seen by millions of consumers and will be fundamental in the next-generation iterations of our client’s Android application.
Not only will you be part of an agile team with other software developers, developers-in-test, designers, and product owners, but as a Technical Lead, you are also part of a cross-functional team of other technical leads who have the opportunity to lead the software development standards and practices across our organization. Half of your time will be spent with the Android Agile Team in sprints, and the other half will be leading and implementing forward-looking improvements and enhancements for the Android applications and our entire technology stack.
Our Android app is primarily Kotlin-based, with some features written with Flutter. Our Client is a continuous deployment shop that aims to get our code out to users as quickly as possible so we can learn and iterate immediately!
· 5 years of Android development experience, with a primary focus on Kotlin
· 6 to 8 years of software development experience Android theming and material design components
· Proven expertise with TDD, unit testing, and functional testing
· Experience working with Continuous Delivery pipelines
· Working knowledge and use of Firebase
· Strong experience working with a Software Development Life Cycle approach in an agile development environment
· Working and proven knowledge of OOP techniques and design patterns, Clean Code, and Clean Architecture
· Proven track record of mentoring other developers, and steering teams towards product completion.
· Experience with Flutter, React JS, and/or Go Lang are nice-to-haves, but not required.
You are made for this role if you …
· Love creating production-ready code on the Android platform
· Are a Google/Android enthusiast who stays up to date on all the latest Android has to offer
· Loves to test and try out new technologies
· Enjoys mentoring and coaching other team members
· Are a collaborative individual who excels in a fast-paced environment
· Are proactive and show initiative
· Value quality in everything you do
· Are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and try something new
· Full Medical & Health Benefits
· Remote Work environment until August 2021
· Summer Hours
· Fitness Allowance Program
· Course Reimbursement Program –
· Personal Days in addition to Vacation time off
· Open and transparent communication, including weekly AHMs with our client’s CEO
· In-house Learning Academy that includes offerings like French, yoga, mindfulness