Technical Application specialist (Oracle)
Permanent position, to support West Coast clients
Location: Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, open) remote work/ or from office
11:00am to 8:00pm (EDT) or 9-5pm PDT
Excellent benefits from day 1, amazing company culture, global company, great opportunities for advancements
75K-85K + 10% Bonus , RRSP matching, and tons of other great perks
Come join an international leader in ecommerce platform solutions, with offices all over the world, we are looking for bright and resourceful Technical Application specialists to join this amazing team.
The Technical application Specialist is part of the Production support team, the successful candidate will work in a high-availability environment ensuring the production uptime, efficiency and stability of our various payment applications and systems.
- Liaise with various internal departments regarding the integration, configuration, and troubleshooting of our proprietary software applications.
- Ensure a high level of availability of our various systems and applications.
- Secure application systems and perform required daily controls.
- Execute application systems performance management and monitoring functions.
- Ensure proper operation of the different environments currently supported and conduct regular tests on them.
- Troubleshoot and provide level 3 technical support
- Ensure all production and non-production issues are tracked and perform the necessary follow-ups and/or escalations with the required internal or external departments.
- Ensure timely resolution of issues and be accountable for maintaining the required SLAs for company uptime.
Help provide detailed root cause analysis of issues when they occur and help provide workarounds and solutions.
- University degree in Computer Science, Programming, or equivalent education or experience.
- Between 5 to 10 years of experience in application support
- Good working knowledge of Oracle DB Server, Oracle EBS, Solaris
- Networking knowledge.
- Experience in data analysis (PL SQL)
- Working knowledge of Java and WebLogic
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as SolarWinds and Apps Dynamics
- Understanding of Jira and Service Now ticketing systems
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Knowledge of Solaris zones, F5 load balancer and global traffic manager (Akamai)