Our client a Project Management Advisory & Services firm, which is recognized in the industry by Project & Construction Management Industry think-tanks, innovative service delivery partners and world leading industrial clients. We are looking for a French Study Manager to help the company expand their presence with clients in the Mining Industry. We seek Project Professionals who will align with the corporate mission, vision & values:
Company values include:
- Safety: The safety of employees, suppliers and clients is top priority
- Collaboration: Creating true partnerships with clients and service providers
- Leadership: Improving project performance through the application of best practices
- Accountability: Being accountable to clients for every aspect of an engagement
- Client Satisfaction: Delivering 100% client satisfaction on every project
- Integrity: Open and clear communication in every aspect of our business
Role & Responsibilities:
- As a Study Manager, you will be responsible to lead multi-disciplinary teams to complete client’s development phases for their projects, these phases would typically be Order of Magnitude, Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA), Pre-feasibility study (PFS), Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) and even Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) depending on experience.
- With a heavy emphasis in engineering and design support, management of suppliers, and communication with clients, this role revolves around the proper execution of studies, memos and final reports for study mandates handled.
- This role requires technical and commercial knowledge, supervision skills and involvement in determining priorities, meeting strict deadlines and budget demands while having the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- The person in this role will be interacting with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, and internal actors.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must be Bilingual, French and English language
- Process, Mining or Mechanical Engineering degree, or equivalent.
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Quebec (OIQ), or equivalent.
- Training or seminars in study/project management and contract management, or relevant experience.
- 10+ years of experience, with company specialised in EPC, EPCM or Design & Construction, in multi-disciplinary environment on major projects with specific focus on mining and mineral processing.
- 3+ years of experience in Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA), Pre-Feasibility Study (PFS) and Feasibility Study (FS) management.
- 3+ years of experience interacting with clients, clarifying their needs and scope of Work.
- Understanding of the disclosure regulation such as NI 43-101, JORC, SEC Industry Guide 7
- Mentoring and People Management Skills.
- Proficient in the use of Project management tools such as MS Project or ideally Primavera P6.
- Contract management, procurement, and commercial understanding.
- Capability to handle technical reports writing and formatting.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess high level of analytical ability used to solve complex problems.
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings, schematics, and other engineering drawings.
- Proficient in Windows XP, Microsoft Office including Outlook and in the use of scheduling tools – Primavera preferred, but at a minimum MS Project.
- Previous on-site work supervision and project management during construction and commissioning.
Contract Info / Information sur le contrat
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 31387
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1