Dispatching Opportunity – High Volume
Our client, an international 3PL Provider, is looking to hire a Dispatcher to their growing team. Under the direction of the Operations Supervisor, the position will primarily be responsible to track customers shipments proactively and identify potential issues to the Logistics Coordinator. This position will include order taking, booking loads and handling customer issues to the best of their abilities. This role will also entail updating customers on shipment status and managing account requirements in a database.
Core values for this position are teamwork, continuous improvement, adaptability, customer service, and time management. This is a very fast-paced, high volume position that requires a high level of accuracy and resourcefulness.
- Track shipments; identify and escalate potential issues to team
- Continually engage customers by taking new orders by phone and email; update customers with shipment status
- Maintain high level of customer service
- Input shipment statuses and information into internal system
- Track proof of delivery documentation, local/line-haul, appointment information, etc
- Excellent communication/telephone demeanor
- Adaptability to new processes/software
- Effective/timely communication
- Time management
- Flexibility with schedules
- Ability to work under pressure and with a high sense of urgency