We are currently searching for a SR. Data Engineer/ Data Engineer to be part of our client’s team of professionals. We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our client’s growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for building and optimizing data pipelines and architecture. The Data Engineer will support data analysts and data scientists to build fast, performant systems while ensuring high quality data for the purpose of analytics. The successful candidate must be business savvy and self-directed with a start-up mindset to lead our client’s data in the cloud strategy. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our client’s data architecture to support their next generation of data initiatives.
Our client has been around for over 15 years and has remained a well reputed company in Canada.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Keep company data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our client’s product into an innovative industry leader.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Building dev and production environments and productionizing Machine learning models
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Proactive approach to maintaining and cleaning data for data sciences.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity! Apply Today!
Qualified candidates please submit resume to [email protected] for consideration. Contact Saud at (905) 361 - 3987 ext: 126