Looking to be a part of a worldwide company in your next career!? Our client is currently on the hunt for a passionate Software Development Manager to join the team in Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto! If you are looking for a new challenge, professional growth, and the opportunity to work with a fun team, we want to hear from you!
What are the perks:
- Unlimited vacation days!
- Flexible working hours!
- Exceptional benefits!
The Software Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Work with leadership and product team SME’s to develop/delivery technological strategy in response to product management needs and organizational vision.
- Work with the product team to deliver on the product vision and roadmap.
- Oversee the implementation of technology solutions that will lead to product innovation, scalability, maintainability and extensibility.
- As a people manager, provide mentorship, guidance, and support to the team, in using processes and tools, and ensure career growths as well.
- Guide the team towards making coherent designs that flesh out those designs.
- Coordinate release and sprint planning.
- Ensure that software products are delivered timely with excellent quality.
- Making decisions about feature readiness and identifying areas for quality improvements.
- Coordinate organized responses to critical support incidents.
- Guide technical teams to define standards, estimate level of effort, develop Proof of Concepts, design architectural frameworks and in the adoption of new technology.
- Work together with Management to plan and execute projects, ensure that team has the appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
The required qualifications for the Software Development Manager are:
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of leading engineers
- Broad knowledge of Agile methodologies and best practices such as SCRUM, Kanban and Continuous Integration
- Java development experience
- Proven ability to mentor engineers, to set up and to enforce development guidelines
- Understanding highly available and large-scale cloud deployments
- Strong knowledge and experience with architectural concepts and frameworks
- Experience with Microsoft Azure development would be considered a nice to have
If you are looking for a new challenge and professional growth, please reach out to us today! We can’t wait to introduce you to your awesome new team.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 26011
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1