• Collaboratively work alongside others to deliver value back to the organization.
• Work alongside Sponsors and Architects to create and execute project plans.
• Have the opportunity to design, code and support corporate and product driven development ranging from lower level appliance wrappers/adapters, component integration all the way up to both internal and external web applications (non-marketing driven rather business/customer function driven).
• Deliver full stack solutions.
• Work on projects and change requests driven by efficiency needs, cost reduction and innovation.
• Participate in supporting the applications and components that our team is accountable for in a team rotation support structure.
• Have the opportunity to learn and be exposed to state of the art Telecommunications and ISP specific technologies at all levels.
• Depending on the size/type of the initiative, participate and potentially drive some/most/every phase of the SDLC regardless of methodology.
• Document software/systems and produce helpful write-ups for other developers and/or end users in the form of quick guides, wiki entries, readme (git markdown) etc.
• Help shape our team by contributing to our overall goals of continuous improvement.
• Participate in or lead JAD sessions and scrums.
• Solution and estimate ‘in discovery’ initiatives and help manage our RFC and Project intake funnels.
• Oversee and mentor junior developers on projects.
Minimum qualifications of our ideal candidate
• 10+ years of software development experience.
• Must be passionate about software & system architecture, networking, programming and technology in general.
• Enjoys and is good at object-oriented programming and design.
• Experience working with two or more from the following: distributed/parallel systems, enterprise integration, web application development, linux (production) environments, network software, service-oriented architecture, web services.
• Has designed and implemented multi-tiered solutions.
• Understands and can demonstrate the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
• Has had exposure to full stack development.
• Strong communicator with abilities to produce documentation.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving abilities.
• Strong understanding of creating and maintaining relational databases.
Must Have Specific skills,
• Highly proficient in at least two of the following: Perl, PHP, Python
• Version control (git)
• Docker or other deployment tools
• API design and documentation
• MySQL & PostgreSQL
• Application frameworks
• Linux Server Environment administration
Nice to have skills
• Design patterns
• Understanding of VoIP
• Data Analytics
• Data Warehousing
Serious inquiries contact Sarika Agrawal at 905 361 3987 x115