Our Client is currently searching for an experienced and creative leader to assume the role of Social Media Marketing Manager.
As the successful candidate, you know that there is more to social media marketing than trying to execute viral content. Different social platforms have different user consumption behaviors and you are an expert in tailoring the right content for the right medium for the right audience type. You have a proven track record of identifying social media marketing opportunities and can, from idea to action, lead campaign development and execution by social touchpoint.
You will have proven creative, strategic and communications skills with dedicated experience growing international social media accounts (both existing and start-up-based), and possess in-depth knowledge of content marketing principles.
- Create, manage and execute content strategies by translating overall brand strategy into campaigns on appropriate social media channels.
- Create, curate, develop and manage content (digital images, photography, video and copy).
- Manage a team of social media marketing coordinators.
- Oversee proof-reading and approval of monthly client calendars, adhering to brand voice and tone.
- Development of social media playbooks and posting calendars to ensure continuity of efforts and deploying central thematic stories.
- Create and deploy influencer marketing strategies that expand user base and create excitement.
- Work in collaboration with paid media strategies to amplify efforts; implement boosted content buys.
- Contribute to the development of meaningful, shareable content that incites action and engagement (short form copywriting, micro content).
- Weekly and monthly editorial calendar writing and editing.
- Perform and maintain up-to-date analytics and reports on all accounts, with continuous optimization toward key audiences and objectives.
- Research and social auditing for various industries and segments.
- Daily monitoring and engaging within social channels, with continuous optimization and recommendations.
- Conduct ongoing competitive intelligence analysis.
- Ongoing analysis of social data and metrics; issuing weekly, monthly and yearly reports and executing appropriate strategies and recommendations for improvement. Creating benchmarks and forecasts by campaign.
- Creation of Digital Personas from strategic audience research.
- Keeping abreast of all industry trends, insights, topics and best practices with monthly memos.
- 6+ years in a similar capacity with a medium to large scale Marketing organization.
- 4+ years’ experience managing, coaching, developing and supporting a medium size team.
- Deep knowledge of all social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Snapchat, Pinterest and YouTube.
- Demonstrated experience with social media content creation (including blog writing, promotional campaign creation, and infographics) across various channels and media types.
- Demonstrated experience commissioning, briefing and producing video content.
- Photography and editing software experience an asset, including expertise with smartphone-based tools.
- Proficiency in WordPress and Adobe Design Suite considered assets.
- Experience utilizing social media management software, such as Hootsuite or TweetReach, as well as social listening tools.
- Experience building and growing international brands on social media.
- Understanding of content marketing principles and ability to integrate them into social media publishing tactics.
- Strong track record of managing resources including budgets and personnel.
- Thorough understanding of what it means to produce “thought provoking” content and how to get the most eyes on that content.
- Experience producing content for the advertising industry (Agency or client side).
- Knowledge of online marketing tactics and search marketing fundamentals.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Motivated individual, comfortable with rapid changes.
- Passion for content marketing, social media marketing and analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with emphasis on writing and editing.
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time and proven time management skills.
- Online Gaming knowledge an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.