We are currently looking for a commercial and institutional interiors Site Superintendent.
Our client is a well established General Contractor that has been in operation for well over 30 years. Over the years, this company has built many exterior and interior renovations for many prominent schools and facilities . They are a mid-sized group, family run and like to promote from within. They are currently looking for a Site Superintendent with at least 5 years commercial interiors experience to join their growing team.
• Health & Safety coordination and management for the site. Ensure that safety is a top priority.
• Ensure all trades use proper PPE, have required certificates (fall prevention, WHMIS, working at heights, first aid, asbestos/hazardous materials, competent supervisor per MOL, etc.).
• Attend construction meetings to discuss progress, site issues, changes, and site conditions.
• Assist in setting up job site (hoarding, safety boxes, marking phasing lines, site office, storage).
• Provide ‘work-arounds’ and solutions to issues (interferences, overlaps, scheduling problems).
• Coordinate daily with Project Manager.
• Ensure each project remains on schedule, provide schedule improvements wherever possible.
• Review plan/drawings discrepancies in the field and report to the PM.
• Complete reports for site reviews, progress reports, activity reports.
• Remain up to date with all H&S certificates and requirements
• Maintain an understanding of current building codes and requirements