Our client is one of Ontario’s leading General Contractors who specialize in interior construction builds. They work with a wide range of clients and have project within the commercial and public or institutional sector. Some of the clients they work with are York University, Toronto Police Services, Humber College, Toronto Public Library and Sunnybrook Hospital, all within the GTA, to name a few. Our client is looking for strong Site Superintendents to join their growing and reputable team.
The ideal candidate would have at least 3-5 years of ICI General Contracting or Construction Management experience as a Site Super. The ideal individual would also have exposure on projects up to $3M and beyond.
Our client offers high and competitive salaries, bonuses and full benefits. Please see below for Job Description.
Your tasks as a Site Superintendent:
- Health & Safety coordination and management for the site. Ensure that safety is a top priority
- Ensure all trades use proper PPE, have required certificates (fall prevention, WHMIS, working at heights, first aid, asbestos/hazardous materials, competent supervisor per MOL, etc.)
- Attend construction meetings to discuss progress, site issues, changes, and site conditions
- Assist in setting up job site (hoarding, safety boxes, marking phasing lines, site office, storage)
- Interacting with clients as required.
- Performing site work and installations as required (wall layout, framing, doors/hardware, ceilings, drywall, painting, minor demolition, site clean-up, etc.).
- Provide ‘work-arounds’ and solutions to issues (interferences, overlaps, scheduling problems)
- Coordinate subcontractor schedules
- Coordinate daily with Project Manager
- Ensure each project remains on schedule, provide schedule improvements wherever possible
- Review all tender documents, design drawings and details, specs, and shop drawings
- Review plan/drawings discrepancies in the field and report to the PM
- Maintain on site construction drawings, including updates for as-builts of contract changes
- Complete reports for site reviews, progress reports, activity reports
- Remain up to date with all H&S certificates and requirements
- Maintain an understanding of current building codes and requirements
The required qualifications for the Site superintendent position:
- Bilingualism (Fr/Ang) in oral and written communication
- Have a very good knowledge of project management concepts and processes
- Have a good knowledge of the building’s mechanical systems
- Have a knowledge of the readings and structural and architectural plans
Don’t miss this opportunity, apply now!
Faith: [email protected]