Permanent Employment – No Certifications Required
Our Client located in Burlington, installs ‘turn-key’ equipment solutions to municipal and privately owned waste removal organizations.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 1 year machine shop experience using their ‘hands-on’ knowledge of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic (basic) installations, troubleshooting and process-driven repairs.
Our Client DOES NOT require technical Diplomas or Certifications. (Earn-as-you-learn!)
In this position, the Service Technician will perform up to 40 % field service calls using a company vehicle and remaining 60 % performing the same work on their Customer fleet vehicles inside their Burlington facility. A clear Drivers’ Abstract and valid ‘G’ License are mandatory.
This is an exciting opportunity to ‘earn-as-you-learn’; joining a mid-sized company, willing to train and mentor their team’s self-developed mechanical, hydraulic and electrical skills and experience in their day-to-day, hands-on operations.
What our Client offers:
• Hourly pay rate range: $ 32 to $ 45/hr (depending on experience)
• DAY Shift Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• Benefits from day one of employment (Medical, Dental, Wellness)
• Uniform allowance $250 annual – Safety Boot Allowance $250 annual
• O/T after 44.00 hr
• Work Week of 42.5 hours – paid travel time to Client sites
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Travel to Customer job sites to perform service call or maintenance on ‘turn-key’ equipment
• Trouble-shoot and diagnose technical issues, to determine required repairs and maintenance
• Operate tools such as: chop-saw, grinders, air tools, welding (stick)
• Complete preventative maintenance inspections and related reports
• Comply with Occupational Health and Safety standards & WHMIS
• Attend in-house & OEM technical training
• Complete in-house Counterbalance, Tele-Handler, Scissor lift & Genie training
• Solid mathematical skills with natural technical aptitude and curiosity
• Basic mechanical, hydraulic and electrical knowledge with ability to read electrical and hydraulic plans
• Flexibility to interview and start immediately or within 1 week of permanent offer of employment.
• Flexibility to travel to Client sites and late finish after 5:00 PM when required
• Clear communication skills, some customer service experience a definite asset
• Valid ‘G’ Drivers License and clear Driver’s Abstract
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
Our client is interviewing now and this position will not be available for long.
Please apply with your resume in WORD format.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 29334
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1