We are looking for a Senior Transportation Engineer – Waterloo
Your difference is the difference
Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes?
As an employee-owned company, fostering a culture where our people can thrive – a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join an award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Engineer to join the Transportation team in the Waterloo office.
- Responsible for leading preliminary and final designs for major road infrastructure projects, including stormwater management, utility relocation management and property requirements.
- Develop designs that satisfy approval agencies, including conservation authorities, MNRF and MECP.
- Overall responsibility for design drawings prepared using Civil3D and Inroads.
- Develop tender documents, reports, and specifications.
- Collaborate with staff among all areas of the company and external subconsultants to meet deliverables on multiple projects at any given time.
- Quality Control and Assurance to confirm the design meets TAC/MTO standards, client’s requirements and Quality Management system.
- Resolve complex construction issues including constructability, staging, temporary works and commissioning.
- Experience in both AutoCAD and Microstation platforms.
- Participate in the training, development and mentoring of junior staff. Communicate directions clearly to designers.
- Attend internal team meetings and client review meetings.
- University Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- 10+ years’ experience in conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of transportation projects, including quantities and contract specifications is essential.
- Must hold an active P.Eng designation to practice in the province of Ontario.
- Proficient in transportation and municipal design.
- Experience with design of grade separations, HOV and BRT lanes and transit facilities; storm water management will be an asset.
- Experience in rail infrastructure projects with familiarity in Metrolinx, CN, CP, and AREMA design guidelines is an asset.
- Training in Canadian Railway Operating Rules and Track Inspection Guidelines would be an asset.
- Must be proficient in design engineering for large municipal and provincial agencies.
- Must possess practical knowledge of construction sequencing and constructability.
- Experience managing projects in Civil 3D and/or InRoads.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and stakeholders to meet deliverables on multiple projects at any given time.
- Aptitude for meeting schedule and budgets, proposal writing and client development.
- Demonstrates superior oral and written English communication skills.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 34798
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1