Senior Hardware Designer Wanted!
Company offers comprehensive coverage + stock options, company pension plan, free parking, mental wellness initiatives, annual bonus plan up to 5% based on company performance!
- Analyze user’s requirements and create a detailed hardware architecture and formal structured design.
- Perform circuit analysis and traceability from user’s requirements to formal design.
- Design of electronic circuits using suitable components, systems and equipment, including prototypes and test interfaces/equipment.
- Prepare for and conduct design reviews (DDR, PDR, CDR, etc.) as required.
- Supervise the work of more junior designers and/or other engineering employees.
- Provide presentations to customers on hardware design and operation.
- Plan, develop and lead verification/qualification testing of products based on RTCA DO-160.
- Develop, deploy and support DO-254 processes, reviews (SOI), development plans and review checklists.
- Produce estimates for work packages and submit reports on activities to the Hardware Manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of related design experience using embedded control systems in the aviation industry preferably for Engines, Nose Wheel Steering, and Landing Gear control.
- At least 5 years of experience in electronic product design and reliability analysis, including digital and analog building blocks (discrete I/O, analog I/O, Hi side/Lo side drivers, 4-20mA, pressure transducers, thermocouples, serial communications, transistors, MOSFET’s, PLD’s etc.).
- Design experience of electronic circuits for harsh EMC/EMI environment and lightning protection (HIRF).
- Working knowledge and experience of commercial aviation and/or military specifications, standards and practices: ARP-4754, RTCA DO-160E/F/G, MIL-STDs and ARINC STDs and DO-254 would be to your advantage.
- Strong understanding of design risk management, safety, obsolescence, reliability, costs and cost drivers is desirable;
- Experience with DOORS, Orcad, Matlab, PSPICE and Zuken are assets;
- Must be eligible to meet requirements of Controlled Goods Program.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Projects.
Interested? Send your CV to [email protected]
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 22519
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1