Senior Data Analyst
IT / BI & Analytics
San Jose or Montreal
Permanent position, excellent benefits and room for growth
Our client is one of the most popular and most recognized brand names in online entertainment and sports for sports fans across the world. They own and operate a host of ecommerce platforms that gather entertainment and sports enthusiasts world-wide and this for over 25 years! Our client operates entirely online and is currently seeking a skilled Senior Data Analyst that can bring insight to their organization by monitoring and analyzing data within a highly transactional econmerce setting.
As the Senior Data Analyst, you will be responsible for drawing business insights from data through complex analysis, mining, and visualization.
You will be responsible for ‘mining the detail’ to truly understand what makes our business work and act on data related to our customers, products, operational activities and financial performance to drive the business forward.
You will leverage strong technical skills and creative thinking to solve problems and make quantitative decisions and most importantly, you’ll allow us to get unique and valuable insights that go beyond the obvious and help us achieve the extraordinary.
• Analyze business problems through data analysis and drive solutions
• Support cross-functional business partners with analytical insights and problem solving
• Analyze business initiatives to determine their impact and recommend changes that align with the business strategy
• Work with business specialists to build models that improve internal risk, Customer value and targeted Marketing spend.
• Play the role of the Business Analyst in the team to help develop business requirements
• Create actionable visualizations that allow the business leaders to understand and react quickly to business performance and make data-driven decisions
• Provide guidance and mentorship to analysts across the business and line management to future data analysts
Skills and Experience Required:
• 5+ years in progressive Data Analyst role
• Strong quantitative analytical ability
• Expert SQL skills
• Ability to work with large data sets
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of growing and managing teams
• Extensive experience of dealing with technical and non-technical stakeholders (Product, Marketing, Finance, IT & Operations)
• Experience in the Gaming industry
• Experience with R, Python
Qualifications and Educational:
• Degree in a technical field (Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)