Are you an experienced Senior Cost Estimator looking for an exciting new position within the Aurora area? Do you have experience in the automotive industry. Are you looking for that competitive, rewarding career opportunity? We have exactly what you are looking for.
We are currently looking for a skilled senior cost estimator to work within one of the largest automotive companies within the GTA. This candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Reports to Manager of Cost Estimating & Method Planning
· Reviews 2D part drawings & 3D part data to determine whether KIRCHHOFF Automotive is capable of producing part/component based on customer quality requirements.
· Prepares blank layout of part, determining best material utilization, type and cost of material required and establishing tonnage of press required to produce part.
· Estimates number of parts produced per hour, based on method plan and press selection.
· Compiles die details into Tooling calculator to determine appropriate die costing to be used in quotation.
· Determines whether surface treatment, (ie: galvanizing, paint, etc.), assembly processes and/or Bought in Parts, (BIP’s) are required and initiates the communication requests for inter-departmental support services to provide cost and/or process details, needed for input into quotation.
· Compiles all required documentation and generates cost estimation structure in CES (Cost Estimation System), based on all data obtained.
· Submits quotation for review and preliminary approval, before final acceptance by customer team.
· Liaises with vendors as required, to provide technical input if necessary.
· Utilizes the experience and expertise of cross-functional team members to ensure best costs and productivity requirements are achieved.
· Occasionally visits potential suppliers to view processes for capability and product quality, within the standards set by the company.
· When a new project is awarded, participates as the Estimating department team member, providing and receiving feedback as required, passing through gates in the project, specified in PDP.
· Stores relevant documents in CIM Database, according to the workflow.
· Provides “Stand-in” support, in the absence of the Supervisor; Technical leadership of the specialist department.
· Provides training to selected internal employees on quotation process and prepares handout material as required.
· Competent contact for other departments.
· Any other reasonable request made by management.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in the automotive industry with a solid background knowledge of complex, metal stamping die build concepts.
· Existing experience estimating costs of dies, fixtures and modular assemblies
· Sound working knowledge of production equipment and the manufacturing processes for welding, riveting and automation
· Sound understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, TS 16949 and ISO 14001 requirements
· Working knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning processes
· Excellent blue-print reading ability
· Experience working with 3D, Solid Modelling CAD Software (different Software at different locations), capable to understand and work with Cad Data part files and drawings
· Native language and English language
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Ability to handle multi-tasks and changing priorities
· Works well in a team environment
· Effective presentation skills
· Excellent analytical skills and exercises sound judgement
· Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, CAD experience/3D & some design.
· University Degree or College Diploma in the Engineering field or equivalent job related experience
· Minimum 5 years experience as Tool & Die Maker and/ or stamping die design experience
- Competitive salary – $100-$115K to start
- 10% target bonus
- No travelling required
- Excellent benefits
- Straight day shift 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Work for a leading company of their industry
If this is something you are interested in, please e-mail me your resume immediately to be considered for this position email@example.com