Senior Bridge Engineer – Transportation Structures – GTA
o Mon-Frid (Autumn to Spring)
o Mon-Thurs – Summer time (June to September) – compressed week (37.5 hours)
·Hybrid then mostly remote
·Benefits from day 1
·Profit sharing + bonus
We are currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join the Bridge and Transportation Structures group.
Reporting to the Transportation Structures group leader, this position will give you an opportunity to work on a variety of projects including multi-disciplinary design-bid build, design-build and P3 projects and develop your experience on mentoring EIT’s and working collaboratively with project managers, engineers, and technologists.
The candidate would design and manage delivery of transportation structure projects, including highway, railway, pedestrian bridges, retaining walls, transit stations, drainage structures and special projects.
Duties include inspection, evaluation, analysis, design, cost estimating, tender preparation, shop drawing review, contract administration and construction supervision.
• Preliminary and detailed design of bridges, culverts, retaining walls and other civil structures.
• Bridge inspections, assessment, and rehabilitation design.
• Quantities and construction cost estimates.
• Checking of designs and drawings.
• Specifications and contract document preparation.
• Review of shop drawings.
• Contract administration and construction supervision.
• Preparation of reports and proposals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Professional Engineer with 10 years’ demonstrated experience in structural design and bridge engineering in Canada.
• Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
• Registered as a P. Eng. with PEO.
• Thorough knowledge of the CHBDC and Ontario MTO design codes/standards.
• Excellent technical understanding, design abilities and current on bridge technologies.
• Working knowledge of structural analysis software used in bridge design such as SAP2000, MIDAS, etc.
• Specific areas of expertise required are in the planning, preliminary and detailed design, and construction of bridges of standard and complex geometry, and culverts. A thorough knowledge of current Canadian/AASHTO design codes and standards is essential.
• Working knowledge of MTO, Metrolinx and Ontario municipalities bridge design standards and processes.
• Experience with inspection, assessment, and rehabilitation of existing structures.
• Experience with contract administration and construction supervision.
• Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work on several projects at a time with multiple design teams.
• A team player with a willingness to help others and collaborating with team members
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 28876
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1