Our Client is a family-owned company that places a great deal of value in honesty and integrity. They’re looking for someone who wants to see career growth and is a strong accountant with experience in the construction industry. This position will help to unleash the potential you’ve worked so hard to develop. Our client focuses primarily in the civil and landscape construction industry.
Your primary goal in this role will be to manage the finances for our company.
You’ll oversee our AR and AP functions, which can get quite complex.
- You’ll make sure that our obligations and needs are met, cash flow is consistently in a good position
- Jonas construction software is considered an asset
- This person will eventually grow into the company controller
- Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project and supplier invoices to a project
- Generate yearly T4’s, T2200, Record of Employment and T5018
- Handle monthly income tax remittances – source deductions, EHT, HST, WSIB and employee garnishments
- Review cost report to verify budgets, actual costs and contract value have all been properly tracked
- Create monthly detailed job cost comparatives (actual vs. estimates) for project managers
- Perform monthly analysis of various G/L accounts such as liability accounts, accruals, payroll clearing, bank account, capital assets reconciliation, trust account statement reconciliation and revenue accounts
- Handle weekly cash flow reporting, monthly bank reconciliations, monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Process bi-weekly Payroll and detailed expense breakdown
- Assist with any inquiries or audits by the Ministry of Finance, Canada Revenue Agency and WSIB
Send resume to email@example.com