Our client has followed an aggressive growth program to become one of the largest forwarders in Canada and recognized for our quality of service and dedication to building partnerships with our clients and suppliers. They’re looking for dynamic, highly motivated team players who are dedicated to excellence and welcome challenging and rewarding opportunities.
In this role, as a Sea Export Coordinator, you will be required to provide customer service and sales support within the Operations Department, Sea Freight Export division. Act as a liaison between internal staff members and outside customers.
• Provide excellence in customer service and a first place of contact for client inquiries, concerns and complaints. Special attention to key assigned accounts.
• Assist with the Sea Freight Export operation.
• Ensure accurate processing of paperwork to minimize errors.
• Complete accurate monthly reports as requested by management and customers.
• Provide shipment information for export customers and support the sales department in negotiating rates and quotes for services
• Maintain accurate filing system(s), update/input details of shipments in system and ensure accuracy for billing.
• Coordinate shipments and send pre-alert notices to customers and related departments as required.
• Assist the division/department manager in the effective maintenance of the companies ISO Policies. Participate in meetings and overall objectives for the terminal.
• Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
Skills / Requirements
• Formal Academic Training in related field (CITT or CIFFA preferred) and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
We offer our full- time employees a comprehensive benefit program including coverage for extended health, dental, Life, AD&D and LTD insurance packages, as well as, company sponsored pension plans and Registered Retirement Savings program.