Sales Operations Support
· Processes and updates customer orders and/or change orders in a timely and accurate manner meeting departmental productivity metrics.
· Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses any dissatisfaction, and quickly
identifies the customer’s need.
· Investigates customer inquiries by contacting buyers, suppliers, and/or freight carriers to gather information and identify proper course of action with the goal of first
call resolution within established turnaround times.
· Enters purchase orders into the system in a timely and accurate manner meeting departmental productivity metrics.
· Assists customers in buying decision, consistently recognizing and offering cross-sell opportunities to customers adding value during the order entry process.
· Provides customer leads to the Sales team when appropriate.
· Responds to post-order customer service requests such as handling customer issues and complaints; returns and communicates anticipated delays and actions being taken
to provide a resolution in a timely manner.
· Works closely with customer service management and Sales relaying dissatisfied customer situations related to the functions listed in the position summary. Provides
suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
· Attends vendor and customer service representative meetings for continued learning, working to develop skills and comprehension to answer technical inquiries.
· Performs national security requirements as part of daily interaction with customers. Performs end-use screening by asking for end user information. Verifies end use of product along with asking for ultimate destination for orders; asks customers for specific products being purchased or returned.
· Participates in projects and performs other duties and clerical functions as assigned.
· Adherence to schedule, including regular, reliable and punctual attendance at work.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Office environment / cubicle workstation.
· Sits at workstation for extended periods of time and uses a keyboard and mouse to
interact with computer system.
· Frequently uses phone to converse with business partners.
· Frequent writing and reading.