The Automation Technician is responsible for the set-up, trouble shooting and repairing various IML Robots, Take out robots, plastic container, and lid stacking equipment. The primary job function is to troubleshoot and set up robots and auxiliary equipment, also to respond to machines that require repair or require improved performance. This person will also perform Preventative Maintenance.
Responsibilities and Duties
Proactively identify and suggest ways to eliminate hazards.
- Correct conditions, follow health & safety policies.
- Participate in Safety Investigations when required.
- Provide Safety training when required.
- Knowledge and compliance of lock out procedures
- 5S compliance
Performs Set-Up of Various Plastic Containers and Lid Parts Handling Equipment
- Setting up robots and parts handling equipment for production run
- Load programs as necessary and make adjustment to equipment as needed
Repair Parts Handling Equipment As Required
- Adjusts inline section, belt space and speed tension of belts and services mechanized pulleys
- Calculates and sets up the angle, space and speed differences for spin bars.
- Adjust photo eye sensors to send signals to PLC
- Adjusts pneumatic solenoids valves, and air regulators for required pressure
- Makes guards with Lexan and mounts them
- Maintains stacking machines safety requirements as per Ontario regulations
- Maintains box sealer equipment for each machine
- Adjusts counter, cutting and separation time and PLC controlled magnetic switches on cylinder to move in and out
- Levels stacking machines with take-out conveyors when they are brought closer to molding station
- Balances equipment to eliminate vibration
- Replaces and aligns vibrator feeder tray and ensures container is properly oriented
- Sets up unscramble discs to separate parts to go on conveyors
- Sets up spin bars for space and stack size
- Adjusts operational sequences for PLC’s and cams
- Fine tunes stacking machines
- Replaces orientating heads and moving parts handling equipment as needed.
Perform Preventative Maintenance on Parts Handling Equipment
- Removes and replaces main drive motors and adjustable sheaves
- Performs vertical, horizontal and angular alignments and adjusts belt tension
- Lubricates/replaces chain sprockets
- Repairs silent chains and checks for unusual noise vibrations on a daily basis
- Checks gear reducers on conveyors and stackers for oil levels as per schedule
- Cleans and replaces filters on vacuum motor, vanes and hoses
Performs preventative maintains work (for example: replaces/tracks vacuum belts, replaces damaged bearings, splices and glues conveyor belts, removes and replaces broken alligator links and clipper laces, and other maintenance work as needed)
Perform Basic Set-Up of Robots:
- Sets up robots and aligns them with mold after mold set-up is completed
- Replaces high speed receiver cups and suction cup plates
Perform Repairs on Robots
- Identifies and corrects vacuum default, servo default, transfer vacuum default, tower vacuum default, eye default, robot not out default, proximity switches, cycle not complete and rail eye default
- Replaces MRS cylinders, three position four way and five way valves and photo eye sensors when damaged or defective
- Stack counters, timers, vacuum settings, alignment teach modes are done by touch screen display
- Troubleshoot faults on robots, blow by adjustments
- Glues and repairs damage high speed retrieval system carbon arms
- Replaces timing belts and pulleys as needed
- Adjusts vision system parameters.
- Re-alignment of Dummies
- Check static cables
- Troubleshoot and replace sensor bricks.
- Greases Thompson liner bearings and replaces suction and receiver cups
- Cleans all vacuum blower hoses and checks oil less vacuum motor filters
Assist in Regular Housekeeping Duties
- Cleans, organizes parts etc.
- Cleans machinery and auxiliary equipment after electrical service
- Maintains shop in a clean and orderly manner
Assists the Various Departments As Required When Available
- Assists production personnel in locating and correcting machine operation related problems
- Assists other maintenance departments during peak loads
- College Certificate/Diploma in Robotics / Automation and/or Millwright
- 3-5 years Automation experience in the Injection / Plastic industry preferred
Knowledge of operating drill press, lathe, milling machine and grinder an asset
- Fluent in English with good verbal and written communications skills.
- Robotics experience preferred
Serious inquiries contact Tracey Mabilangan at 905 361 3987 x113