Our client is one of the nation’s largest food service distributors, and a very successful, consistently growing, family-oriented company.
Our client is currently seeking a full-time Certified Refrigeration Operator/General Maintenance for their Delta (Annacis Island) facility!
Shift: Sunday – Wednesday (10 pm-8 am)
Reporting to the Facility Manager, this position will be responsible for daily general maintenance upkeep such as the building’s mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems to ensure a safe, efficient and comfortable environment for building occupants. Additionally, this position will perform system checks to keep the ammonia refrigeration equipment in good repair and temperatures at their ideal settings.
What our client offers:
• $34.11 and .75 night shift premium = $34.86 per hour!
• Extended health, dental, drugs and health insurance coverage (100%) after 30 days of employment!
• Company-matched RRSP plan (2% to 4%)
• Bonus up to 10%
• Annual profit sharing
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• company discounts on products
• Employee appreciation events
• Family culture, career development opportunities
Your tasks as a Certified Refrigeration Operator:
• Monitoring temperature readings on refrigeration equipment, defrost setups, alarm monitoring, maintaining documentation and operations of the ammonia plant facility
• Performing scheduled/unscheduled testing and maintenance on batteries
• Conducting general preventative maintenance of facility systems, refrigeration equipment, material handling equipment, racking, dock equipment, building automation systems, plumbing systems, and painting
• Entering data into work order systems (Maximo) in a timely manner
• Maintaining a safe facility in meeting all Provincial and local guidelines
• Assisting to ensure occupational health and safety and regulatory compliance and working with contractors as required
• operating hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
• Other duties as assigned
The required qualifications of Certified Refrigeration Operator:
• At least a Refrigeration Operator Endorsement or 5th Class Power Engineer or 4th Class Power Engineer
• Criminal background check
• Refrigeration/Ammonia experience is an asset
• Experience in diagnosing and repairing technical and facility equipment
• Ability to lift, move and carry heavy objects
• A strong mechanical aptitude with proven troubleshooting abilities
• computer skills and good problem-solving skills
• Other professional certificates and schooling would be an asset (Electrical, Millwork or Welding)
• Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, racking, carpentry, welding, and hydraulics is an asset
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Our client is interviewing now, and this position will not be available for long. If you’re interested, please apply now. We are looking forward to hearing from you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 28490
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1