Our client is currently looking for a passionate Quantitative Researcher to join their growing team. You will be working at the cutting edge of the intersection between trading and technology for one of the world’s leading trading firms. This is a rare opportunity to jump straight into a trading role – your successful ideas will become part of their array of quantitative strategies, allowing you to have an immediate impact on the bottom line. The ideal candidate will have very strong quantitative skills and will be keen to move into financial trading; no previous finance experience is required.
- Have a PhD degree in a quantitative subject (Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math) from a top tier university highly preferred. Otherwise, a MS degree in a similar subject is required.
- Have proven experience of successfully using quantitative analysis and programming skills to solve complex problems
- Are capable of independent research, demonstrated by evidence of a successful research project
- Are an innovative thinker, with excellent design, debugging and problem solving skills
- Have strong programming skills: ideally more than one of: Python, C++, Matlab, R
- Have certain required specific skills such as: Python, Linux OS
- Have strong communication and documentation skills
- Are a team player who is motivated to learn about trading and financial markets
- Are happy in fast paced environment where there is pressure to deliver results
What you’ll be working on:
- Designing, developing and optimizing profitable proprietary trading algorithms
- Developing exchange simulation software
- Carrying out visualization, data analysis and mathematical modelling on large sets of time-series data