Are you an experienced Purchasing Assistant? Do you have experience with ERP systems? If yes, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client is a leader in the market with multi-plant operations across Canada. They recognize that their continued success very much depends on the relationships they have established with their employees, suppliers, customers and shareholders. These are partnerships built on mutual success that has been growing for more than half a century. They are currently looking for two Purchasing Assistants to join their team.
- Supply chain optimization to procure the required level of quality materials/service to be received on time at a cost effective price
- May be asked to assist with or perform analysis of sales orders and customer demand to determine material requirements. (This is not a day to day requirement as they have a Buyer performing this).
- Time & Action management (follow up on PO’s and expedited orders) handling this from a broader aspect and understanding vendor performance management (on time delivery, investigate shipment delays, delivery dates etc … understanding in coordination with business needs what can be expedited – performance management).
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations
Competencies and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Procurement, Supply / Materials management, Business or Administration program is an asset
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience as a buyer/purchasing in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Experience with ERP systems is preferred or demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Understanding of process flows from a business perspective on how things flow through an organization and how things should be structured systematically to support that flow.
- Good analytical skills to review information investigate issues systematically and come to conclusions on root cause.
- Strong computer skills with respect to keyboarding, strong proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite such as Excel and Word. Excel is important to be able to download data, manipulate data for review.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Must be able to communicate clearly and logically (both orally and in writing) with a strong command of the English language (read, write and speak)
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanour
- Must be well organized and display a positive attitude and spirit of continuous improvement
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Capable of identifying necessary actions to prevent occurrence and reoccurrence of nonconformities
Qualified candidates please send resume to [email protected] for immediate consideration.
Contact Sarika at (905) 361 - 3987 ext. 115